One of Spacio’s most popular features is Offline Mode. This mode gives you the ability to register visitors at Open Houses without a wifi connection. All the information from your open house registrants will automatically sync to your Spacio account the next time your iPad or tablet reconnects to wifi.
No. You can access
Spacio on any device (iPhone, iPad, Android mobile phone, Android tablet) or the web in an Internet browser. However, you can only
Spacio in Offline Mode on the iPad app and Android tablet app.
Here's a table for easy reference:
||Offline Mode Available?
|Android mobile phone
|Spacio app on iPad
||Yes (app only)
||Operating System: iOS10
|Spacio app on any Android tablet
||Yes (app only)
|Spacio app on certain Chromebook models
||Yes (app only)
Check this table to ensure your Chromebook is listed as a "Stable Channel" in the Status column.
|Spacio website accessed by Internet browser on laptop, iPad, Android tablet and other tablets
Offline Mode is only
available on the iPad app and Android tablet app. Download the app designed for your iPad or Android tablet here
. In order to use Offline Mode, please make sure your iPad app or Android tablet app meets the minimum operating system requirements listed above.
You will need wifi or data connection to access the mobile apps. Offline Mode is not
available on the iPhone app or Android mobile app.
You will need wifi access to use Spacio from the browser. Our preferred browser is Chrome, and Spacio does not support Internet Explorer.
The iPad and Android tablet app are not compatible with Microsoft tablets. You’ll need to access Spacio through an Internet browser if you’re using a Microsoft tablet, and you will also require wifi access.
No. Our iPad app can be used only on iPads, and our Android tablet app can be used only on Android tablets. If you’re using a computer or laptop of any kind, you will need to access Spacio through an Internet browser.
No, you need to use the iPad device itself and download the Spacio iPad app from the App Store. Apps designed for iPhone and iPad are intended specifically for use on that device, and are not compatible on Macbooks (just like how apps on the Mac App Store are only compatible with Macs and Macbooks, but not with iPhones or iPads).
When you access Spacio using an Internet browser, everything is loaded from our server live
as you’re clicking through our website, just as if you were checking email or social media. It’s not technologically possible to use the Spacio app live in a browser when you’re offline, because the browser is not connected to a server where information can be saved. However, when you use our iPad or Android tablet apps, we’re able to save any information entered within the app onto the device itself, which can be synced to your account later. This is not possible with an Internet browser.
First, make sure your device operating system is up to date. Our minimum requirements are:
- iPad: iOS10
- Android tablet: 5.0
- Download Spacio’s iPad or Android tablet app from here: http://spac.io/download
- Connect to wifi, login to your Spacio account, and load the app at least once to make sure all your properties and settings are synced before your open house. You must be connected to wifi in order to login.
- If you have set up your open house and features from your computer but plan to use your tablet in Offline Mode, please make sure you sync the app while connected to wifi at least once before your open house.
- Turn off wifi or turn on your device’s airplane mode to ensure your app is completely offline. Then try using the app and registering yourself once before your open house. This is a good test to make sure everything is working properly.
- Use the app in Offline Mode at your open house.
- When you get home or get back to the office, connect your iPad or Android tablet to wifi and open up the app so your contacts can sync and your auto emails can be sent out. You must open the app to “wake it up” before your contacts can sync; just connecting your device to wifi is not enough.
You can turn off wifi or turn on airplane mode at home to try the app in offline before your first open house. We highly recommend this so you can get familiar with how it works.
You don’t have to, but it’s a good practice. When you are in a public area or inside a building, sometimes your app will try to connect to any nearby wifi signal; this will cause your device to assume it has a wifi connection and it will get stuck at loading because the wifi connection is weak. This will also prevent your open house visitors from being able to register. The best way to avoid that is to turn off wifi altogether.
When you go home or get back to the office, connect your tablet to wifi and open the app so your contacts can sync to your account and your auto emails can be sent out (if you have that feature enabled). You must open the app to “wake it up” in order for your leads to sync; just connecting your device to wifi is not enough.
If you have an older iPad or Android tablet, you must ensure you update your device’s operating system to the latest version. If you don’t update your operating system, you won’t be able to use the Spacio app. Why not?
- Operating systems on older devices don’t have the capacity to support Spacio's latest features.
- Spacio’s app and plugins need to stay up-to-date with the latest operating systems used on these devices. As technology advances, so do we.
- Try updating your OS to the latest version again. iPad must be running iOS10 and Android tablets must be running 5.0.
- To check if there is an OS update for the iPad:
Go to your Settings app > click General > click Software Update
- To check if there is an OS update for Android:
Open Settings (the gear icon visible in your pull-down notification menu) > click About
Device at the bottom of the menu > click System Updates > click Check For Update
- If your device is too old to support the latest OS, consider investing in a newer model of the iPad or Android tablet. Alternatively, you can use Spacio in an Internet browser on your laptop or device (you’ll need wifi to access Spacio through the browser).
If you decide to upgrade your device, you can purchase a refurbished iPad at a discount on Apple’s website. However, we recommend upgrading your devices only as a last resort -- make sure you’ve exhausted all other avenues for updating the OS on your current device first! Be sure to review our guide to accessing Spacio on different devices.
If you’re unable to invest in a newer model, don’t worry! You can still use Spacio on your laptop through an Internet browser -- just make sure you have connected to wifi at your open house. For the best experience on your laptop, we recommend using Google’s Chrome
If you used Spacio in Offline Mode, remember to make sure you synced your tablet properly afterwards, otherwise you won’t see your contacts in the web. All unsynced contacts will have a ! icon beside it.
We highly recommend the iPad because it has the best user experience. You may consider getting a refurbished iPad at a discount on Apple’s website
. For further guidance, please review our guide to accessing Spacio on different devices
We also recommend any Android tablet on version 5.0 or higher. At Spacio, we test with the Samsung Galaxy Tablet E
and would recommend this device.
Something to bear in mind if you’re considering buying an Android tablet: The cheaper an Android tablet is, the less likely Spacio will function properly on that tablet -- even if the device meets the minimum OS requirements, because cheaper tablets don’t have enough processing power. Spacio is a feature-rich platform that requires a powerful operating system to function effectively and deliver the best customer experience.
- The iPad on iOS10 because it offers the best user experience.
- Any Android tablet on version 5.0 or higher. At Spacio, we recommend the Samsung Galaxy Tablet E because we test on this device.
- Certain models of Chromebooks (which are small laptops with keyboards) run on Android and work offline with our Android tablet app. For those who like the keyboard, we recommend the Samsung Chromebook 3 4GB RAM model. Another good option is the Acer Chromebook R 11 Convertible. To determine if your Chromebook is compatible with Spacio’s Android tablet app, please check this table to ensure it’s listed as a "Stable Channel" in the Status column.
Be sure to review our guide to accessing Spacio on different devices
if you need further guidance.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. We would love to hear from you!